Project 1: Infographics and Learner Profile
What advantages do infographics have over traditional methods of presenting substantial amounts of information and research?
Day 1: August 7th
Objective: Identify technology interests and determine learning style.
1. Please take this technology skills survey
2. Sign up for Edmodo (Group Code: ysvjb8)
3. Create and upload your own avatar
4. Introduce yourself to the group in Edmodo. Include 3 things about your learning style.
Day 2: August 9th
Objective: Use the internet to research information about the brain. Critique graphic designer's work.
1. Finish and save avatar
2. Are you left or right brained?
3. Research and analyze designers' work
4. Present your critique to the class.
Day 3: August 14th
Objective: Apply the element of color, contrast and typography to design.
1. Design Principles (Contrast/Color and Typography)
2. Review Rubric (Infographic Project Rubric)
3. Worktime on PiktoChart
Day 4: August 16th
Objective: Using the internet as a research tool, and btaining legal images off the internet using Creative Commons.
1. Watch Creative Commons Video (Link on MS page)
2. Practice working with creative commons
3. Introduction to PiktoCharts
4. What are Infographics?
Day 4: August 20th
Objective: Use info graphics to create a design about you as a learner.
1. Work Time (get a draft ready to present)
2. Present your work so far to class.
3. Continued work time.
Day 5: August 22nd
Objective: Reflect on the skills used in the project, and self assess your work.
1. Review the rubric to make sure you have considered everything before submitting.
When submitting, answer the reflection questions:
Day 6: August 26th- Make Up Day
1. Student rubric scoring of project
3. Post in hallway