Unit: Learner Portfolio via Facebook
Project Objective: Use Microsoft Publisher to create a piece of published work to effectively communicate your learning style .
Day 1: August 9th
Objective: Sign up for Edmodo and take interest survey.
1. Take online interest survey
2. Sign up for Edmodo (Group Code: rp44cf)
3. Create and upload your own avatar
4. Introduce yourself to the group in Edmodo. Include 3 things about your learning style.
Day 2: August 13th
Objective: Introduction to project and using creative commons
1. Check Edmodo page
2. Look at Example Facebook Page
3. Create your Wordle (www.wordle.net)
5. Get started with publisher
Day 3: August 15th
Objective: Learn publisher skills required to create Facebook Learner Profile
1. Warm Up: Take the Right Brain vs. Left Brain Quiz
Day 4: August 19th
Objective: Work on Facebook Learner Profile project
Warm Up: Practice vocabulary skills while donating to the world hunger cause at www.freerice.com
1. Go over rubric for assignment
2. Work time for Project
Day 5: August 21st
Objective: Practice typing skills and peer review work.
1. Warm Up: Test your typing speed
2.Turn in your results on Edmodo (take a screen shot and upload on Edmodo)
3. Work time for Project
Day 6: August 23rd
Objective: Go over project rubric, turn in project, and write reflection.
1. Warm Up: Practice typing from the sites listed on the Typing Practice Page
2. Review Rubric
3. Work Time: Finish up your project
4. Post your work on Edmodo
Objective: Score yourself using the rubric, made modifications if needed.
Warm Up: Warm up by practicing your typing skills.
1. Find out your learning style. http://www.whatismylearningstyle.com/learning-style-test-1.html
2. Try exploring with PiktoChart. Make an infographic about yourself including your interests and learning style.